May 21, 2013

DIY Pore Cleansing "Strip"


Do you know what I love?  

...Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips.  

You know you use them (or something similar.)  You wash your face, stick the strip to your forehead/nose/chin and wait, you wait for the strip to harden and you pull it off.  You pull the strip from your face taking all the dirty built up black heads with it.  Then what do you do?  Oh come on be honest!  You do what I do, you flip the strip over and look at all the disgusting stuff you just pulled from deep within your pores.  It’s pretty gross, but when I see all those blackheads on the pore cleansing strip I feel like my face is cleaner, clearer, just all around better.  Now if only I could afford to do this more often, or even better if the pore cleansing strips could reach more of my face. 

Then I found it. I found a solution. I found a cheap, DIY solution.  A cheap, DIY solution that actually works!  And I’m so glad to be sharing it with you.

What you’ll need

  • 1 Tablespoon UNFLAVORED gelatin (seriously, get the unflavored stuff; you don’t want to end up looking like a ninja turtle do you?)
  • 1 ½-2 Tablespoons milk (whatever kind you have on hand)
  • A disposable container and disposable spoon/stick for mixing the ingredients

 Here we go

            Step 1 – Wash and dry your face
            Step 2 – Quickly mix your gelatin and milk together until you get a chunky consistency


Step 3 – Microwave your gelatin for about 10-15 seconds – this will make the mixture creamier
Step 4 – Stir the mixture and apply to your face – anywhere and everywhere (I used it all over)
            Step 5 – Let the mixture harden on your face (about 15 minutes)


            Step 6 – Start peeling


Step 7 – Look at the all the gross stuff you just peeled off you face.  Okay so this isn’t really a step but you know you’re going to do it anyway.

CAUTION!!!
  • This mixture smells TERRIBLE; this is something I should have been prepared for as the mixture consists for 50% heated milk, but I wasn’t L.
  • The original post (linked below) says to “start applying IMMEDIATELY” because the mixture hardens fast, however this is a LIE.  I mean, don’t wait around forever before applying, as it does harden quickly but I totally burned my face when I applied this “immediately” so let it cool a little before scalding yourself like I did.
  • Do yourself a favor and steer clear of your eyebrows.  There is a very good chance that it may pull out some hairs that you’d probably rather keep
  • This can be very painful to peel off of sensitive skin such as your cheeks and the area directly beneath your eyes.
  • Don’t glob it on, places where there was too much mixture didn’t dry properly and therefore didn’t actually adhere to my face.  Try to layer it thin and evenly.

You are now left with a clean smooth face.  This stuff is awesome.  It pulls out not only blackheads, but dry skin and those fuzzy little hairs you hate too. 

Thank you to petit elefant for sharing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment