January 23, 2014

GLAMGLOW


I came across this mud mask a while ago, called Glamglow.  I was searching Pinterest for beauty tips one day and I saw this picture. It immediately peaked my interest. 


This is similar to what I find on the underside of a pore cleansing strip once I’ve ripped it from my face.  I had to know more about the product that supposedly gave this type of result.  I clicked on the Pinterest link which took me to a blog, Ivory and Olive.  The blogger wrote that Glamglow was “secretly being passed through the hands of Hollywood’s elite.” Reading this simple phrase tells me two things 1) this product must be seriously effective and 2) this product is most likely ridiculously expensive.

I was right about the second thing, Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment sells for $69 for a 1.2 fl oz jar.  I re-pinned the picture to my “Beauty Tips and Tricks” board and tried to put it out of my mind.  For some reason, even though I knew I’d never spend that kind of money on a beauty product (especially one that I wasn’t 100% sure worked), I kept coming back to this pin.

Let me give you a little background information:
Last January I had my 27th birthday, I officially hit my “late twenties.”  I can’t put my finger on exactly what it was about turning 27 but I started obsessing about getting old.  Brad laughed at me when I bought an anti-wrinkle moisturizer, and I can’t say that I blame him, but that didn’t stop me.  I kept telling myself “I’m not trying to get rid of wrinkles, I just want to prevent them before they start.”  I began by rotating the anti-wrinkle moisturizer with my regular moisturizer, but before I knew it, I was using solely the anti-wrinkle moisturizer.  I had begun seeing more wrinkles on my face, not less.  The next thing I knew, I had an anti-wrinkle night cream which I used simultaneously with the daytime moisturizer.    It was some time before I realized I was getting “more” wrinkles because I was LOOKING for them not because they were there.

I still use both the anti-wrinkle moisturizer and the night cream, but not every day and I try not to obsess about it.  Regardless, it was my fear of getting old and getting wrinkles that caused me to search out beauty tips (so maybe something good did come out of my unnecessary obsession).  I’ve never had a good beauty routine (or much of one at all actually), and although I’d learned not to obsess over getting old, I knew I should at least start taking better care of my skin. 

And so I kept coming back to Glamglow.

For Christmas, I came into a “small fortune,” of course by "small" I mean minute, and by "minute" I mean…I got some money for Christmas, and I knew exactly what I was going to buy: Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treament.  I’d plan to buy it at Sephora but unfortunately the Sephora nearby is in the mall.  I had no intentions of braving the mall during the after Christmas sales and rush of returns for something that I’d already waited almost a year for.  I could wait a little while longer and while I waited I told a friend at work about Glamglow.  Together we looked it up on Sephora’s website to read some of the reviews, and I’m so glad we did. 

We came across the most beneficial review I’ve ever read!  The reviewer mentioned that the product, although amazing, may be a sticker shock to some.  She then mentioned that Glamglow’s website offered a sample pack of (2) Supermud Clearing Mud Masks, (2) Brightmud Eye Treatments and (2) Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatments for only $11.99!  I ordered it almost immediately.

This past weekend, almost a full year after finding it, I finally got to try Glamglow Supermud


Gross huh?  It actually pulled the oil from my pores.  I left the mask on for about 15 minutes, (the direction say you can leave on up to 20 minutes) before I rinsed it off with warm water.  The reviews were right, my skin actually glowed! I also notice (after one mask!) a few pores on my chin were clear.  These are pores I’ve tried forever to clean, using a multitude of ways including exfoliating, pore strips, and just down right scrubbing; finally clean after one relaxing mud mask. 


Now that I’ve tried it, I wish I hadn’t waited so long.  $69 a jar seems like a steal for skin this radiant, besides $69 is approximately the price you’d pay for one facial at your local spa. 

Still not 100% sure?  Do yourself a favor and buy the sample pack from Glamglow's website like I did.  I can’t wait to try the other samples I received!




No comments:

Post a Comment