June 3, 2013

Honey Weiss-A-Rita



Need a remedy for a bad day?  

Make yourself a “Honey Weiss-A-Rita”



Have you ever had one of those days where every choice you make seems to be the wrong one?  "I can do “A” or “B”" and the option you pick ends up in disaster, leaving you wishing you had chose the opposite.  This past Saturday, I continuously made the wrong choice all day long, ending in a large slice down the palm of my left hand.  By around 6:30 p.m. it seemed like the only safe thing to do was sit on the patio with a drink and relax.  

I needed something fruity and summery, something fun, so I dug out my blender and made “Honey Weiss-A-Ritas.”



Awhile ago I found a recipe for something called a “Moon-a-rita,” consisting of mango margarita and Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat beer.  I picked up a mango margarita mix from the store while grocery shopping one day, figuring I would pick up the beer at a later date when the summer  seasonal ales hit the shelf.  It seemed like forever before I saw summer seasonal beers on sale, but once they were Brad and I started looking everywhere in search of Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat.  After weeks of searching it occurred to Brad that maybe Blue Moon had discontinued the beer and upon further investigation on their website it was confirmed: Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat had been DISCONTINUED.

I was definitely disappointed to find out that Blue Moon had discontinued the beer I needed to make the Moon-a-ritas, but I wasn’t willing to give up that easily.  I checked Blue Moon’s website to see what made the Summer Honey Wheat so special.  What I found was, the taste of the Summer Honey Wheat consisted of honey with a hint of citrus.  I browsed the internet for “honey citrus beers” and several beers popped up, but after our long search of the Blue Moon I wanted a beer that I knew would be easy to find.  About 5 or 6 items down on the search engine I found it, Leinenkugel Honey Weiss.  I was so excited to find something, and even more so when it occurred to me that if the Honey Weiss worked out I would be able to make the ‘ritas anytime (not just the summer) because Leinenkugel Honey Weiss is a year round beer.

 The Leinenkugel Honey Weiss and the mango margarita blend effortlessly.  The beer and mango tastes are all but forgotten as you’re left with a sweet, slightly fruity, summertime cocktail. 


Need some relaxation in your life?


What you’ll need:







Ice
Mango Margarita Mix
Tequila
Bottled Leinenkugel Honey Weiss









Blend the mango margarita mix per the instructions on the bottle
Fill a large glass (20oz goblet shown) HALFWAY (If you overfill the margarita it will spill over the glass when you add the beer bottle)
Open and pour / insert Leinenkugel Honey Weiss bottle into the glass



Now grab and straw, sit back and relax



No comments:

Post a Comment